Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Plappert <pl...@denkformat.de> on 2011/02/28 09:31:28 UTC

tomcat 7 for production

Hi all,

since tomcat 7 is a stable release, I am wondering if it's ready for a production use?
Which one (tomcat 6 or tomcat 7) is recommended for a production use?

Best regards,
Daniel

Re: tomcat 7 for production

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 28/02/2011 08:31, Daniel Plappert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since tomcat 7 is a stable release, I am wondering if it's ready for a production use?
> Which one (tomcat 6 or tomcat 7) is recommended for a production use?

Tomcat 7. The ASF has been using it since 7.0.6 (the first stable
release) for the JIRA installation without any issues.

Note that 7.0.8 is the latest version and the release process for 7.0.9
is likely to start later today.

Mark