Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rafael Muneton <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2009/12/24 16:52:35 UTC

Forwarding to a Java Application

In a Web Application I need to redirect the flow of the information to a Java class nor to a Servlet or a JSP.

However in the web i have found a lot of material but none mentions what i am looking for.

How is this achieved?

Any idea is welcome.

Rafael

Keep your friends updated—even when you’re not signed in.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_5:092010

RE: Forwarding to a Java Application

Posted by Rafael Muneton <ra...@hotmail.com>.
OK Wes:

I am trying to understand you.

I will test my Appl and will keep you posted.

Thanks a lot.

Rafael

http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_3:092010

Re: Forwarding to a Java Application

Posted by Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com>.
An action bean is similar to a java bean

just point in struts xml the java bean name

--
Saeed Iqbal
Independant Consultant

Re: Forwarding to a Java Application

Posted by mu...@aol.com.
The <Object> tag previously referred to is where you can launch  a java app from
a jsp (or even an ordinary html page). Check out Java Web Start.
Your java app can be an ordinary swing app and the server sends
a .jnlp file with instructions to the browser to download the necessary classes.
Your client needs to either have a full JDK installed (not just a JRE) or have
Java Web Start installed.

Chris

 Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:48:49 -0500
 From: wesw@wantii.com
 To: user@struts.apache.org

Posted by Rafael Muneton <ra...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Wes:

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

Posted by Rafael Muneton <ra...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Vitor:

What I am trying to achieve is that , after a user can log in to the Web Application, this user receives the MainMenu screen of the Application, where there are several options, that he/she can choose from.This MainMenu is a Java application not a Servlet.

And after reading your answer, I think that maybe I need to upgrade to Struts 2.

I am using Struts 1.1

Thanks.

Rafael

http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_2:092009

Re: Forwarding to a Java Application

Posted by "Vitor E. Silva Souza" <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Muneton <ra...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Wes:

Well, this web application is the entry to a whole application, it is the MainMenu screen where I have several menu options the user can choose from.And depending on the User , I allow some options or allow all the options.

Rafael

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.