Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Shane R <sh...@msn.com> on 2004/07/19 21:25:37 UTC

Shutting down and access issues

I have problems trying to access Xindice. It starts up fine, but whenever I
want to shut it down or access it (say, add a collection), I get the
following error string:

ERROR : A connection to the Database instance 'db' could not be created.
Error: Connection refused

-->What are some of the possible sources and solutions to this error?

The only way I terminate the process is by using kill or Ctrl ^ C. This of
course prevents me from running the server again on the same port and so, I
need to change the port settings in system.xml to start it again. But of
course, the same problem again persists with shutting down.

Here are some of my env specs:

JDK: 1.4.2_04
OS: eight-processor Linux cluster
Xindice: 1.0

The server is hosted for academic purposes.

Thnx for any help.

Shane.

Re: Shutting down and access issues

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Shane R wrote:

> I have problems trying to access Xindice. It starts up fine, but
> whenever I want to shut it down or access it (say, add a collection),
> I get the following error string:
>
> ERROR : A connection to the Database instance 'db' could not be
> created. Error: Connection refused
>
> -->What are some of the possible sources and solutions to this error?
>
> The only way I terminate the process is by using kill or Ctrl ^ C.
> This of course prevents me from running the server again on the same
> port and so, I need to change the port settings in system.xml to start
> it again. But of course, the same problem again persists with shutting
> down.
>

> Here are some of my env specs:
>
> JDK: 1.4.2_04
> OS: eight-processor Linux cluster
> Xindice: 1.0

Xindice 1.0 is not supported on this list by anyone anymore; people who
knew about xindice 1.0 are gone. Check with email archives - may be they
have answer on your question.

Vadim