Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sanal K Stephen <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/29 08:53:13 UTC

Fwd: Add a plugin class to solr

Hi all,
         I want to add a plugin class to solr which can filter the results
based on certain criteria.I have an array which has the solr document unique
key as the index. and the value which will be one or zero.if it is zero I
want to filter it from the result set.This filtering should happen
before faceting because After this filtering the number of results may
reduce to 20% to 30%.So I want to get faceting counts after the filtering of
results otherswise what ever facet counts return will not be usefull for me.
       So any idea of how I can make use of the solr plugin feature or which
all classes in the solr code i need to look in to do this please help.

Thanks
Sanal K Stephen

Re: Fwd: Add a plugin class to solr

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:          I want to add a plugin class to solr which can filter the results
: based on certain criteria.I have an array which has the solr document unique
: key as the index. and the value which will be one or zero.if it is zero I
: want to filter it from the result set.This filtering should happen
: before faceting because After this filtering the number of results may
: reduce to 20% to 30%.So I want to get faceting counts after the filtering of
: results otherswise what ever facet counts return will not be usefull for me.
:        So any idea of how I can make use of the solr plugin feature or which
: all classes in the solr code i need to look in to do this please help.

Two possibilities come to mind...

1) implemnting this as a custom SearchComponent that runs after the
QueryComponent and before FacetComponent (and modifies the DocSet
generated by the SearchComponent

2) as a custom QParser that takes in ... anything you want ... as input,
and generates a query that matches all the documents you want to match
(using something like the FilteredQuery class if you can implment your
logic as a Filter) then just use it in an "fq" param on the searches you
want that logic applied to.

-Hoss