Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/28 07:36:42 UTC

We used to have a FAQ in xdocs, but got rid of it for the sake of some
ambitious central & online version.  Perhaps we should think again of
having one in xdocs.

Thoughts?

- Paul

Re: FAQ

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
I've added the dtd, xsl and a sample FAQ, but do not know how to get
Cocoon to process it ...

- Paul

Re: FAQ

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

Re: FAQ

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: FAQ

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

RE: FAQ

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: FAQ

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:36, Paul Hammant wrote:
> We used to have a FAQ in xdocs, but got rid of it for the sake of some
> ambitious central & online version.  Perhaps we should think again of
> having one in xdocs.
>
> Thoughts?

+1

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: FAQ

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Jason,

>>We used to have a FAQ in xdocs, but got rid of it for the sake of some
>>ambitious central & online version.  Perhaps we should think again of
>>having one in xdocs.
>>
>>Thoughts?
>>

>I'd be willing to work on a format. I'm trying to work one out for Maven
>at the moment along with some other documents.

What we used to have well over a year ago has been resurrected in part
with the following files.

    jakarta-avalon\tools\documentation\stylesheets\faqs2document.xsl
    jakarta-avalon\src\xdocs\faq.xfaq
    jakarta-avalon\src\xdocs\dtd\faq-v10.dtd

It does not generate at the moment ( I am unsure how to key in the xfaq
suffic to Cocoon).

- Paul

Re: FAQ

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 01:36, Paul Hammant wrote:
> We used to have a FAQ in xdocs, but got rid of it for the sake of some
> ambitious central & online version.  Perhaps we should think again of
> having one in xdocs.
>
> Thoughts?

I'd be willing to work on a format. I'm trying to work one out for Maven
at the moment along with some other documents.

> - Paul

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: FtpServer

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I just played with ftpserver and I got to say it looks very good. I would
highly recomend that you do a bit of documenting and then start releasing
versions and publicising them on different places (like freshmeat). Anyways
it looks all good!

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:33, Rana Bhattacharyya wrote:
>  I have one question about ftpserver administration.
> Currently we are using a RMI based admin tool. Here
> RMI callbacks have been used extensively. So basically
> it is two way communication. RMI part follows adapter
> design pattern.
>
> Is it really required to have a GUI to monitor the
> server?

it may not be necessary but it is damn nice and a great selling point IMHO :)

>  Instead we can use ftp SITE commands. In fact
> the ftpserver with proper SITE functionalities is
> working in my local system. Can we get rid of that RMI
> admin GUI completely?

I would leave it in but it is completely up to you. Maybe you could have
admin available via both the GUI and via site commands?

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: FtpServer

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: FtpServer

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Rana,

Re: FtpServer

Posted by Shawn Boyce <sh...@qcominc.com>.
Rana,

Should this discussion should be on the low-traffic Avalon Apps mailing
list?

Supporting the GUI is a nice feature.

Also, I was recently digging into the ftpserver code to use it as the basis
for a telnet server. Just wanted to say nice job!

Rana Bhattacharyya wrote:

>Hi,
> I have one question about ftpserver administration.
>Currently we are using a RMI based admin tool. Here
>RMI callbacks have been used extensively. So basically
>it is two way communication. RMI part follows adapter
>design pattern.
>
>Is it really required to have a GUI to monitor the
>server? Instead we can use ftp SITE commands. In fact
>the ftpserver with proper SITE functionalities is
>working in my local system. Can we get rid of that RMI
>admin GUI completely?
>
>What do you guys think?
>
>Thanks,
>Rana.