Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jarkko Saloranta <jj...@kpo.fi> on 1999/02/17 23:04:36 UTC

general/3912: Apache adds Content-Location with ProxyPass

>Number:         3912
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache adds Content-Location with ProxyPass
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We are using apache and ProxyPass to hide the thing that our (and our custommers) websites have been split to several servers. ProxyPass is fine for this, except that it does not work correctly on this architecture.
Parts of site are on Microsoft IIS server (yuck), and other parts on apache server running on Linux
When we are using ProxyPass on apache server (1.3.4 running solaris) without any virtual-hosts everything runs fine.
But when I tried this same thing on RedHat Linux 5.2 (apache 1.3.3) problems exist.
When client requests url from this site apache adds lots of headers to those what IIS has generated (apache running on solaris does not add these headers)
These headers include Content-Location, which reveals information about servers (this address is from private address-space, so it does not work from outside world)
Lynx uses this content-location header to generate URLs of links. So lynx-users are unable to browse those pages.
This server has Name-based virtual hosts in use.
http://kamera.kpo.fi/bmstest/
>Fix:
no.
Header unset Content-Location does not fix this.