Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/08/03 12:44:00 UTC

Re: Tomcat 6 fail to detect a matching certificate and stuck in an infinite loop

Assaf Vizner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a .keystore file which doesn't matches the SSL definitions in the
> server.xml.
>
>  tomcat 4 handled it well - it was unable to connect to it but the logs
> showed a friendly messages and the server continue working fine.
>
> However in tomcat 6 when I configured the connectors in the server.xml
> with default settings or as" org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
>
> And I started the service the tomcat get in an infinite loop which holds
> the CPU in 90% and keep writing to catalina log the following error:
>

> 03/08/2008 11:09:37 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor run
>
> SEVERE: Socket accept failed
>
> java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake errorjavax.net.ssl.SSLException:
> No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites
> which are enabled.
>
>                 at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.acceptSocket(JSSESocke
> tFactory.java:150)
>
>                 at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310
> )
>
>                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
> 03/08/2008 11:09:37 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Acceptor run
>

> When I configure the connectors to work with
> "org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" the problem seems to
> disappear
>
> Any ideas?

That looks like a bug. Add it to Bugzilla so it doesn't get lost and
someone will take a look.

It is probably a simple fix so you could probably do this yourself. Just
ask if you need help building TC6 from source or figuring out where the
root cause is.

Mark