Posted to users@maven.apache.org by pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie> on 2007/07/11 14:54:55 UTC

servlet-API and jsp-API versions vfor dependencies????????? please help!!

Hi, I'm trying to set dependencies in my POM for a servlet to be hosted on a
tomcat container, for this dependency:

<dependency>
  <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
  <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
  <version>????</version>
  <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

I don't know where to find the version.. does anyone know where I should
look???

Thanks,
Pinky

Re: servlet-API and jsp-API versions vfor dependencies????????? please help!!

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/7/11, pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>:

> however
> I'm only editing my pom.xml in eclipse, as this is where i'm receiving the
> errors

Eclipse? The updated dependencies works in Maven, not under Eclipse, at
least without using an appropriate plugin...

http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/

Antonio

Re: servlet-API and jsp-API versions vfor dependencies????????? please help!!

Posted by Andrius Šabanas <an...@pivotcapital.com>.
pinky88 wrote:
> ok,i'll try that. thanks very much :)
>

> Antonio Petrelli-3 wrote:
>> 2007/7/11, pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>:
>>>
>>> I have the plugin, and created the project with maven using command line,
>>> then imported my project into eclipse..
>>

>> Do you mean the eclipse plugin inside Maven?
>> In this case, I think that you need to recreate the Eclipse project.
>>
>> Antonio

Hello,

You do not need to recreate Eclipse project, and you do not even need
M2Eclipse plugin. After you update dependencies in pom.xml, just execute
this command to update Eclipse dependencies:

mvn eclipse:eclipse

After that finishes, just refresh your Eclipse project (or whole workspace).

See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/ for more details.

cheers,

Andrius

Re: servlet-API and jsp-API versions vfor dependencies????????? please help!!

Posted by pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>.

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> > I have the plugin, and created the project with maven using command
> line,
> > then imported my project into eclipse..
>

> Do you mean the eclipse plugin inside Maven?
> In this case, I think that you need to recreate the Eclipse project.

When the plugin is installed and enabled for your project (package explorer -> right-click on your project -> Maven2 -> Enable), it should automatically detect changes you make in your pom, download missing artifacts and adapt your classpath.

HTH

Thorsten

Re: servlet-API and jsp-API versions vfor dependencies????????? please help!!

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>.

Posted by pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>.
Hi Trent,

Posted by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>.

Posted by pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>.
Still having problems..

In my pom I have the following dependencies:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
    <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
    <version>5.5.23</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
    <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
    <version>5.5.23</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
    <artifactId>jasper-compiler</artifactId>
    <version>5.5.23</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
    <artifactId>jasper-runtime</artifactId>
    <version>5.5.23</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
  <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
  <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
  <version>2.0</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

I'm trying to write a servlet in Eclipse using this, but it won't let me
import javax.servlet etc. I've added these dependecies, but still no luck,
does anyone know what I'm missing??

Thanks again,
Pinky

Posted by pinky88 <fo...@tcd.ie>.
Brilliant ,thanks a million :)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Dittberner <ja...@mms-dresden.de>.
pinky88 schrieb:
> Hi, I'm trying to set dependencies in my POM for a servlet to be hosted on a
> tomcat container, for this dependency:
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
>   <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
>   <version>????</version>
>   <scope>compile</scope>
> </dependency>

Tomcat >= 5.0

JSP 2.0
Servlet 2.4

you may find the values in the J2EE specification.

Regards,
Jan

--
T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH
Information Service Portals

Hausanschrift: Riesaer Strasse 5, 01129 Dresden
Postanschrift: Postfach 10 02 24, 01072 Dresden
Bitte beachten Sie meine neue Telefonnummer: +49 351 2820-2737
Email: Jan.Dittberner@mms-dresden.de
Internet: http://www.t-systems-mms.com

Aufsichtsrat: Helmut Binder (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Peter Klingenburg, Dr. Jens Nebendahl, Dr. Klaus Radermacher
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dresden (HRB 11433), Sitz der Gesellschaft Dresden
Ust-IdNr.: DE 811 807 949