Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Robert SKUBIJ <ro...@poczta.fm> on 2006/10/19 15:35:36 UTC

Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Hi!

I don't understand spam blocking policy in James 2.3.
Is possible to use SpammAssassin?
Please send me some information or sample config.xml.

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Posted by Robert SKUBIJ <ro...@poczta.fm>.
Robert SKUBIJ napisał(a):
> Hi!
>
> I don't understand spam blocking policy in James 2.3.
> Is possible to use SpammAssassin?
> Please send me some information or sample config.xml.
>

> Regards,

We can help me?

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Posted by Robert SKUBIJ <ro...@poczta.fm>.
Danny Angus napisał(a):
> there is a spamassasin mailet included and spam assassin fast fail
> handler, but neither of these are released, you could try checking out
> the trunk of james and building it yourself, otherwise you'll need to
> wait for another version. Sorry :-(
>
> On 10/19/06, Robert SKUBIJ <ro...@poczta.fm> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I don't understand spam blocking policy in James 2.3.
>> Is possible to use SpammAssassin?
>> Please send me some information or sample config.xml.
>>

>> Regards,

:-(
OK. Thanks.

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Many of us use MySql (4 or 5)
I think Norman also use PostgreSQL.

I use for both users and mail/spool repositories.

For high traffic db repositories performance are much better than file
repositories.

Stefano

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
I did some tests with postgres.. It works good so far. Don't know if
postgres is slower/faster as mysql.. I think that mostly depends on the
DB-Server tunning and the connector.

bye
Norman

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Posted by Robert SKUBIJ <ro...@poczta.fm>.
Stefano Bagnara napisał(a):
> Robert SKUBIJ wrote:
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I have SpamAssasin, ClamAV with James 2.2 and PostgreSQL mail
>> repository. Working properly but sometime slow and appear zombie :-(
>> I don't know what is bad! When I move server to james 2.3 will be better?
>
> James 2.3.0 should be generally faster than 2.2.0 but we never did
> extensive tests to prove this.
>
> We would be happy to receive feedback from users upgrading from 2.2.0 to
> 2.3.0.
>
> Stefano

Of course!

And one question!
If someone use PostgreSQL or make speed test between MySQL and
PostgreSQL as mail, user repository?

Kliknij i zacznij dobrze zarabiac. Zyskaj 7% na lokacie!
A moze jeszcze wiecej na najlepszych funduszach!
Oferta dostepna tylko w Open Finance: http://link.interia.pl/f19ae

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: Spam blocking in 2.3.0