Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by cherry coke <rs...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/02 16:08:59 UTC

Problem with Jetspeed on Apache - Tomcat

I'm having a problem with the installation of Jetspeed in an existing Apache - Tomcat. I was getting the following error:

Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet Application: /j2-admin

I thought that it happened because of the jar files in /$Tomcat/shared/lib. But the files are in their place.
Then I noticed that the files in \conf\Catalina\localhost, j2-admin.xml and jetspeed.xml, had both the attribute crossContext to false. I changed both to true, like the default Jetspeed installation and then I get the following error:

FATAL org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet - Fatal error encountered while processing portal request: org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException
    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecurityValve.java:121)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:167)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.container.url.impl.PortalURLValveImpl.invoke(PortalURLValveImpl.java:66)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:167)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.impl.CapabilityValveImpl.invoke(CapabilityValveImpl.java:126)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:167)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invoke(JetspeedPipeline.java:146)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.service(JetspeedEngine.java:227)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.doGet(JetspeedServlet.java:242)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.servlet.XXSUrlAttackFilter.doFilter(XXSUrlAttackFilter.java:52)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:432)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve.invoke(RequestDumperValve.java:150)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
    at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultSecurityMappingHandler.getRolePrincipals(DefaultSecurityMappingHandler.java:133)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserManagerImpl.getUser(UserManagerImpl.java:394)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.SecurityValveImpl.getSubject(SecurityValveImpl.java:107)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecurityValve.java:117)
    ... 30 more
2007-11-02 12:59:55,420 [TP-Processor2] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[www-pre.gobiernodecanarias.net].[/intranet].[jetspeed] - Servlet.service() para servlet jetspeed lanzó excepción
[...]

Can anybody help me, please.

Re: Problem with Jetspeed on Apache - Tomcat

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Nov 7, 2007, at 11:54 AM, James G. Haberly wrote:

> No.  I set my CLASSPATH to "." and my PATH to just have the
> IBM Java 5 that is referenced in my JAVA_HOME variable.
>
> It still has the same problems that were found in the logs that
> you already have.
>
> I haven't tried Sun Java 6 yet, though I might if I get time.
>
> Is there any way to get the installer to put out more detailed
> messages indicating exactly what it has done?

Do you tried have Sun Java 5?
Wondering if we have an issue with IBM Java 5
Look in database/derby.log or bin/database.log
I've never seen your errors before, so Im not even sure where they
are coming from

Re: Problem with Jetspeed on Apache - Tomcat

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Did the installer go OK?

Posted by cherry coke <rs...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks

The connection string is all right. The problem happens when I set the crossContext attribute to true in
j2-admin.xml and jetspeed.xml.
When I set these attributes to false I can see the jetspeed portal, but not the portlets. For every portlet I get the error "Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet Application: /j2-admin". This is the content of the log (crossContext  set to false) for this case:
2007-10-30 15:11:33,651 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletFactory - PortletFactory: Failed to load portlet org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.registration.ForgottenPasswordPortlet
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletContext.getRealPath(JetspeedPortletContext.java:189)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.registration.ForgottenPasswordPortlet.init(ForgottenPasswordPortlet.java:143)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletInstance.init(JetspeedPortletInstance.java:85)
...2007-10-30 15:11:33,653 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.HeaderAggregatorImpl - renderHeaderFragment failedjavax.portlet.UnavailableException: Failed to load portlet org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.registration.ForgottenPasswordPortlet: java.lang.NullPointerException    at org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletFactory.getPortletInstance(JetspeedPortletFactory.java:252)    at org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.HeaderAggregatorImpl.renderHeaderFragment(HeaderAggregatorImpl.java:1074)    at org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.HeaderAggregatorImpl.aggregateAndRender(HeaderAggregatorImpl.java:1055)...2007-10-30 15:11:33,728 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker - Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet Application: /j2-admin2007-10-30 15:11:33,728 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.RenderingJobImpl - Error rendering portlet OID jsmin-3javax.portlet.PortletException: Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet Application: /j2-admin    at org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.invoke(ServletPortletInvoker.java:206)    at org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.render(ServletPortletInvoker.java:128)    at org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.renderPortlet(PortletContainerImpl.java:119)

I thoght it was caused because of the crossContext attribute. Therefore I set these attributes to true, like the Jetspeed default installation and then I get this error:
2007-11-02 12:59:55,416 [TP-Processor2] FATAL org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet - Fatal error encountered while processing portal request: org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineExceptionorg.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecurityValve.java:121)    at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:167)    at org.apache.jetspeed.container.url.impl.PortalURLValveImpl.invoke(PortalURLValveImpl.java:66)...Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultSecurityMappingHandler.getRolePrincipals(DefaultSecurityMappingHandler.java:133)    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserManagerImpl.getUser(UserManagerImpl.java:394)    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.SecurityValveImpl.getSubject(SecurityValveImpl.java:107)...2007-11-02 12:59:55,420 [TP-Processor2] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[www-pre.gobiernodecanarias.net].[/intranet].[jetspeed] - Servlet.service() para servlet jetspeed lanzó excepciónorg.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecurityValve.java:121)    at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:167)

When I change the connection string I get an error and I can't see the portal content. So the database connection string cannot be the cause.

Perhaps there is something in the database that isn't correct, but I don't know what.

I have installed jetspeed, ONLY the jetspeed files under webapps, the j2-admin.xml and jetspeed.xml and the shared/lib/ jars (except ojdbc_10gr2_14.jar that is located in jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib) on an existing
 - Application server: Tomcat 5.5.20
 - Web server: Apache v2.2.6 and Apache v2.2.4 (2 servers)
 - DataBase: oracle 10.2.03

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by cherry coke <rs...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks

RE: How to deploy jetspeed2.1 on WAS 6.1?

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@fmr.com>.
You need to be using WAS 6.1.0.2 or higher, I think the latest version
is 6.1.0.17?

There are 3 thing that will make you stumble when installing on WAS.

First, you need to make a WAS Shared Library. Make a directory, named
Jetspeed, under ${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache . And copy
the following files there:

jetspeed-api-2.1-dev.jar
jetspeed-commons-2.1-dev.jar
pluto-1.0.1.jar
portals-bridges-common-1.0.1-dev..jar
portlet-api-1.0.jar

(If your using 2.1.2 then the jetspeed-api jar will be named
jetspeed-api-2.1.1-dev.jar and so on).

Then in the WAS console, define the Shared Library under the environment
section. Make sure to enter the five jars into the Classpath field and
make sure they are separated with a carriage-return (if not it won't
work). So the Classpath field will look like this:

${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/jetspeed-api-2.1
-dev.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/jetspeed-commons
-2.1-dev.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/pluto-1.0.1.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/portals-bridges-
common-1.0.jar
${WAS_INSTALL_ROOT}/optionalLibraries/Apache/Jetspeed-2/portlet-api-1.0.
jar

Secondly, you need to make a new classloader for the server instance
you'll install jetspeed on and reference the shared libraries from
there:

Select the server to install Jetspeed on, and then expand the Java and
Process Management section and then click on Classloader.
>From the Classloader page, click New.
On General Properties, set Classloader order to Classes loaded with
parent class loader first. Click OK, and then Save.
Then click on the classloader, then click on the Shared libraries
references link. Created a new shared library reference for the server
by clicking on add and select the Jetspeed shared library.

and app server. When you install your portal war files, make sure NOT to
map them to the web server or app server.

Thirdly, when you create your datasources, make sure the jndi name is
jndi/jetspeed (you'll need to do this before you install your Portal and
make your restart WAS after creating the datasource and doing the Shared
Library).

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.