Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/02/17 18:58:05 UTC

Preparing Ambari 2.0.0 branch

Hi developers and PMCs,

I am proposing cutting the branch for Ambari 2.0.0 on Wednesday February 18th as per the outlined tasks in the Ambari Feature + Roadmap page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30755705).

After making the branch, we (i.e., development community) should only accept blocker or critical bug fixes into the branch and harden it until it meets a high enough quality bar.

If you have a bug fix, it should first be committed to trunk, and after ensuring that it does not break any tests (including smoke tests), then it should be integrated to the Ambari 2.0.0 branch.

If you have any doubts whether a fix should be committed into the 2.0.0 branch, please email me for input at jluniya@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>

Stay tuned for updates on the release process.

Thank you,
Jayush Luniya
Ambari 2.0.0 Release Manager

Re: Preparing Ambari 2.0.0 branch

Posted by Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi all,

The release candidate branch-2.0.0 has been created.

Please start committing your changes for 2.0.0 release to both the branches.

Regards
Jayush

From: Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 4:50 PM
To: "dev@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <de...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Preparing Ambari 2.0.0 branch

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we have decided to delay the creation of 2.0.0 branch by a few days. I will be creating the branch on Monday February 23rd.

Regards
Jayush

Posted by Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi all,