Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2008/06/10 20:49:07 UTC

Discussion: Updating work efforts via email

I would like to add the ability to update work efforts via email. I have
a similar process on my local copy that updates forums via email, but
this time I would like to create something more generic that can be put
in the project.

There are services already in place to create a work effort from a
communication event. That's not what I'm looking for.

I'm thinking work effort services could trigger outbound emails, which
can be replied to to update work effort fields (like actual completion
date and status for example).

Security is my main concern. There needs to be a way to insure the
inbound email has not been spoofed.

Has anyone done anything like that?

Any ideas or suggestions?

-Adrian