Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by Eugene Lee <EL...@psionline.com> on 2006/06/13 23:32:04 UTC

Old version of BSF

Hello all,

I've looked around for an older version of BSF for Java, when it was still
maintained by IBM, and had the package name of com.ibm.bsf but haven't had
much luck.  Does anyone know where I would be able to find this or does
anyone happen to have an older version that still uses that package name?
The version of the Xalan processor we are using tries to find that package,
instead of the newer one with the package name of org.apache.bsf.  I hope
this is the right place to ask this question, if not, I apologise.

Thanks,
Eugene

Re: Old version of BSF

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Eugene,
> I've looked around for an older version of BSF for Java, when it was still
> maintained by IBM, and had the package name of com.ibm.bsf but haven't had
> much luck.  Does anyone know where I would be able to find this or does
> anyone happen to have an older version that still uses that package name?
> The version of the Xalan processor we are using tries to find that package,
> instead of the newer one with the package name of org.apache.bsf.  I hope
> this is the right place to ask this question, if not, I apologise.

the only thing you would need to change in your version of Xalan is the
import statement "import ibm.com.bsf.*" to "import org.apache.bsf.*",
the rest should work. Couldn't you use a newer version of Xerces?

The original IBM version of BSF is distributed by IBM as part of their
Websphere product, if I am not mistaken.

Hope that helps.

---rony

P.S.: If you cannot locate it, then please let me know. (I have
somewhere a version, but I would need to search it on my backups.)