Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com> on 2006/11/28 01:32:20 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] Graduate OFBiz Podling

Here are the results for this OFBiz Podling Graduation vote on this
mailing list. Also below is the most recent copy of the board
resolution draft, including changes based on feedback from Noel, etc.

+1 - 7 (Binding): Yoav Shapira, David N. Welton, J. Aaron Farr, Leo
Simons, Robert Burrel Donkin, Davanum Srinivas, Noel Bergman
+1 - 2 (Non-binding): David E. Jones, Christian Geisert
+0 - 0
-1 - 0

Thanks again to everyone who have helped get OFBiz to this point. I
have been very impressed with the activity and interest by many
people throughout the incubation process and speaking for others who
have been involved with OFBiz for years we are looking forward
working more with and in the foundation.

-David

==================================
open-source software related to enterprise automation, for
distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache Open For
Business Project" (also known as "Apache OFBiz"), be and
hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that The Apache Open For Business Project be and
hereby is responsible for the creation and maintenance of
a software project related to generic enterprise information
automation such as enterprise resource planning, customer
relationship management, materials requirements planning,
enterprise asset management, enterprise content management
and electronic commerce that can be used as a basis for
custom solutions, industry specific products, and other
higher level systems.

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Open For
Business" be and hereby is created, the person holding such
office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as
the chair of The Apache Open For Business Project, and to have
primary responsibility for management of the projects within
the scope of responsibility of The Apache Open For Business
Project; and be it further

hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
Apache Open For Business Project:

   * David E. Jones     (jonesde@apache.org)
   * Jacopo Cappellato  (jacopoc@apache.org)
   * Si Chen 	       (sichen@apache.org)
   * Andy Zeneski       (jaz@apache.org)
   * Hans Bakker        (hansbak@apache.org)
   * Al Byers 	       (byersa@apache.org)
   * Yoav Shapira       (yoavs@apache.org)
   * David Welton       (davidw@apache.org)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David E. Jones be
and hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, Open
For Business Project, to serve in accordance with and subject to
the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Open For Business Project be
and hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization of
the Apache Incubator Open For Business podling; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
Incubator Open For Business podling encumbered upon the Apache
Incubator PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Graduate OFBiz Podling

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.
> just one question about the next step for OFBiz in Incubator: we know
> that David Welton (on behalf of the Incubator) has already sent the text
> with the board resolution to the ASF Board... is there a way to know if
> the ASF Board will vote on it during the next meeting (happening, if I'm
> not wrong, on 20, December)?

I'm on the board list, as is Yoav, so we'll keep tabs on the situation there.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Graduate OFBiz Podling

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi all,

just one question about the next step for OFBiz in Incubator: we know
that David Welton (on behalf of the Incubator) has already sent the text
with the board resolution to the ASF Board... is there a way to know if
the ASF Board will vote on it during the next meeting (happening, if I'm
not wrong, on 20, December)?

Thanks,

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.