Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by bhuvi <kb...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/21 09:24:53 UTC

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

hi all
       i created a file sending component that would send file to FTP
server.My file is transfered but the execution happens twice.Finally i get
the following exception.

wit
h name 'file sender' defined in file
[E:\apache-servicemix-3.0-M2-incubating\exa
mples\SendingFtpFile\servicemix.xml]: Invocation of init method failed;
nested e
xception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component name: SendFtpFiles
is
bound to an object which is not a JBI component, it is of type:
com.SendFiles.Se
ndFtpFiles
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component name: SendFtpFiles
is b
ound to an object which is not a JBI component, it is of type:
com.SendFiles.Sen
dFtpFiles

my xml file is here
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.apache.org/config/1.0">

  <!-- the JBI container -->
  <sm:container id="file sender"
                rootDir="./wdir"
                installationDirPath="./install"
                deploymentDirPath="./deploy"
                flowName="seda">
<sm:activationSpecs>

<sm:activationSpec componentName="SendFtpFiles"
				service="foo:SendFtpFiles">
				<sm:component>
				     <bean class="com.SendFiles.SendFtpFiles">
                             <constructor-arg
type="java.lang.String"><value>D:\\servicemix.txt</value></constructor-arg>
                             </bean>
				</sm:component>

</sm:activationSpec>
</sm:activationSpecs>

  </sm:container>

  <!-- message broker -->

</beans>

could anyone reply me ...
 thanks in advance.

Re: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Your component must implement one of the following interfaces:
  * javax.jbi.component.Component
  * javax.jbi.component.ComponentLifeCycle
  * org.apache.servicemix.MessageExchangeListener

It seems it' s not the case.

On 9/21/06, bhuvi <kb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all
>        i created a file sending component that would send file to FTP
> server.My file is transfered but the execution happens twice.Finally i get
> the following exception.

> wit
> h name 'file sender' defined in file
> [E:\apache-servicemix-3.0-M2-incubating\exa
> mples\SendingFtpFile\servicemix.xml]: Invocation of init method failed;
> nested e
> xception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component name: SendFtpFiles
> is
> bound to an object which is not a JBI component, it is of type:
> com.SendFiles.Se
> ndFtpFiles
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component name: SendFtpFiles
> is b
> ound to an object which is not a JBI component, it is of type:
> com.SendFiles.Sen
> dFtpFiles
>

> my xml file is here
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <beans xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.apache.org/config/1.0">
>
>   <!-- the JBI container -->
>   <sm:container id="file sender"
>                 rootDir="./wdir"
>                 installationDirPath="./install"
>                 deploymentDirPath="./deploy"
>                 flowName="seda">
> <sm:activationSpecs>
>
> <sm:activationSpec componentName="SendFtpFiles"
>                                 service="foo:SendFtpFiles">
>                                 <sm:component>
>                                      <bean class="com.SendFiles.SendFtpFiles">
>                              <constructor-arg
> type="java.lang.String"><value>D:\\servicemix.txt</value></constructor-arg>
>                              </bean>
>                                 </sm:component>
>
> </sm:activationSpec>
> </sm:activationSpecs>