Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/05/27 02:30:13 UTC

Archive Re-organisation

I've done some re-organisation of http://archive.apache.org/dist/struts -
mainly moving stuff from the "jakarta" lib (i.e.
http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/struts) so that old versions are all
in one place (although I left a copy of the 1.1 version there for now).

It appears that whatever is in http://www.apache.org/dist/struts is copied
into the archive - so maybe, putting them in sepearte directories wasn't a
good idea?

Also I could only find one Struts 1.0.x version (i.e. 1.0.2) if anyone knows
where version 1.0  lives (and wasn't there a 1.0.3?) it would be good to
move that/them as well.

Niall

P.S. I also added a link to the archive on the download pages:

http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi
http://struts.apache.org/acquiring.html

Re: Archive Re-organisation

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On 5/26/05, Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I've done some re-organisation of http://archive.apache.org/dist/struts -
> mainly moving stuff from the "jakarta" lib (i.e.
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/struts) so that old versions are all
> in one place (although I left a copy of the 1.1 version there for now).
>
> It appears that whatever is in http://www.apache.org/dist/struts is copied
> into the archive - so maybe, putting them in sepearte directories wasn't a
> good idea?
>
> Also I could only find one Struts 1.0.x version (i.e. 1.0.2) if anyone knows
> where version 1.0  lives (and wasn't there a 1.0.3?) it would be good to
> move that/them as well.

No, there wasn't a 1.0.3 ... it was 1.0.2 that put Struts on the map,
and none of the previous versions are worth memorializing (too many
bugs).  The first official release after 1.0.2 was 1.1, which took way
too long yadda yadda ... :-)

Craig