Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sergio Gelli <se...@ubatumirim.com.br> on 2016/08/21 22:32:24 UTC

[users@httpd] "localhost/index.php" don't run.

*I am using OpenSuse Leap and PHP7*

*If I type "localhost/index.php" in the Firefox address bar , the file
"index.php" don't run.*

*But, it runs  if I use an "index.html" file, **but not runs sections
with php*

*The code below if locate in the localhost folder, shows only text html**
**The text in php not appear, only appear the html code**
*

**
*Code:*
**

*<html> Bellow the php code <-- this html text will be visible --> <?php
echo "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"; // this php text is not visible phpinfo(); **//
This function is ignored, nothing returns**?> <br>Above the php code <--
this html text also will be visible -->**</html>**Could you please help
me solve this problem? Thanks in advance*

Re: [users@httpd] "localhost/index.php" don't run.

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.
On 22/08/16 11:37, Sergio Gelli wrote:
> I'm using set PHP7 the same way that always used in other versions,
> always keep the original settings of the installation and always
> everything worked ok

The starting point is to check that php is actually loaded in Apache. My
suse package manager is still showing PHP5 so I've manually installed
PHP7 and then had to manually add to Apache

https://software.opensuse.org/search?q=php7&baseproject=openSUSE%3ALeap%3A42.1&search_devel=false&search_unsupported=false
has now appeared and may solve your problem ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Re: [users@httpd] "localhost/index.php" don't run.

Posted by Marat Khalili <mk...@rqc.ru>.
How is PHP configured in Apache? (Is it?) There are several ways to do it, mod_php is probably easiest.
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili