Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by "Mark A. Matienzo" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 18:37:52 UTC

Support for SPARQL queries via direct POST?

Hi all,

I wanted to inquire about whether Marmotta has plans to add support for
sending SPARQL queries directly using HTTP POST (i.e. [0]).

We're planning to use Marmotta as part of a stack that includes Ruby (and
subsequently RDF.rb). RDF.rb's current behavior for SPARQL 1.1 is to use
direct POSTs for queries (see [1]).

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-protocol/#query-via-post-direct
[1]
http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/yard/SPARQL/Client.html#make_post_request-instance_method

Best,

Mark A. Matienzo <ma...@matienzo.org>
Director of Technology, Digital Public Library of America

Re: Support for SPARQL queries via direct POST?

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

sending SPARQL queries via POST is already supported in Marmotta, only
the parameters 'default-graph-uri' or 'named-graph-uri' are not used.,
also the content-type is not checked.

Just try sending the query e.g. via
curl -X POST --data-binary 'SELECT * WHERE { ?s ?p ?o } LIMIT 10'
http://localhost:8080/marmotta/sparql/select

If there is need for additional features, please file an issue in JIRA
and start a discussion about it on dev@marmotta.a.o

Best,
Jakob