Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by David Curylo <cu...@asme.org> on 2016/09/14 03:06:07 UTC

Building mesos 1.0.1 on FreeBSD

I’m interested in running Mesos 1.0.1 on FreeBSD and I saw that there were some build script enhancements several months ago <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1563> to enable this.  However, I’m having a lot of trouble actually building on FreeBSD 10.3.  The steps I’ve stumbled through are here:

https://gist.github.com/ninjarobot/3233a4d6b9ec3c5fc0d4e0de72a75b26 <https://gist.github.com/ninjarobot/3233a4d6b9ec3c5fc0d4e0de72a75b26>

I’ve finally gotten it configured (without Java due to issues with JNI support), but I’m running into an issue just starting off make with no idea how to get past this:

make: don't know how to make http-parser-2.6.2-stamp. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/home/me/mesos-1.0.1/3rdparty

Any recommendations as to what I can do next?  Or does anyone have a complete set of FreeBSD build instructions for Mesos?

Thanks,
Dave