Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/10 13:09:50 UTC

Writing JUnit test classes for Nutch

Hi,

I have been working on NUTCH-208 [1] in an attempt to clean up some dated
issues on our JIRA and have been considering Sami's comments regarding unit
tests for this specific improvement. My questions are as follows

What is the procedure for defining whether a certain patch requires
accompanying JUnit test classes?
Apart from obvious material lying around the web on writing JUnit tests, are
there any standard or acceptable methods for constructing them with specific
regards to Nutch?
If I were to write a JUnit test for this patch, it would make more sense to
make one which covers all aspects of proxy support within Nutch... this may
turn a seemingly trivial task of submitting a patch to be tested within the
dev community into a somewhat larger task that I had wished. Is this
required?

Thanks for any comments as I would like to put this old dog to bed (well
overdue) and get my teeth into more important pressing issues.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-208
--
*Lewis*