Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Scott Ziegler <zi...@bea.com> on 2004/06/09 08:12:48 UTC

testbuild problem

Thanks for the 1.4 fixes.  Now I'm having problems building.  I suspect
this problem will happen on any unix type os (macos x in this case):

      [echo] Building extensions
      [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unknown javadoc problem: result=1, root=null:
      [java] JAM: File not found:
"/Users/zieg/apache_cvs/xml-xmlbeans/v2/test/src/xmlobject/extensions/
interfaceFeature/averageCase/existing/*.java"
      [java] 1 error

When you pass '*.java' to a new unix process, it looks for a file
called '*.java'.  It is the shell that handles wildcards on unix, and
in this case you are bypassing the shell.  I think that ant offers a
few ways to gracefully handle this type of thing.

Thanks,

--Scott