Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Horvath <ri...@mahindrabt.com> on 2004/01/30 15:36:58 UTC

Slide API and frustrations. A newbie question.

Hi guys,

I am really hoping you can help me here. This is my first attempt at
using slide and I have found it a constant uphill battle.
I am trying to write a small client that just does some basic tasks
using the slide API. I just can't seem to get anything to work.
The server is running and it "appears" that some of my tasks are getting
completed, but I have run into some strange problems....

I appear to be connecting fine and creating remote folders fine. The
problem arises when I am attempting to add a file to a remote folder,
the file is being added, but the contents are empty.

A sample of the code I am using is:
String put = "http://localhost/" + projectName + "/";

put += fileName;

String file = path + "/" + fileName;

try

{

wdres.putMethod(put, new File(file));

}

catch (HttpException e2)

{

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e2.printStackTrace();

}

catch (IOException e2)

{

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e2.printStackTrace();

}

Also everytime I attempt to use the propFindMethod I get a crash. It is
somewhere in the DOMUtils class, but I haven't been able to track it
down. This the same crash as when I attempt to connect using the ALL
option. For example:

wdres = new WebdavResource(httpURL,WebdavResource.ALL, 0);

I am using apache as my server and my OS is XP.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't matter what you do, it only matters what you say you've done
and what you're going to do.

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com