Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by sherry schmitz <ss...@gvtc.com> on 2018/01/28 19:59:30 UTC

Repair Office

My office will not open a new blank text document. It will only open a
template of a genera ledger.

I had the latest version. Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled
openoffice. Still won't work.

I have restarted... dumped trash ....made sure that there was no old
install files.

I have done this three times with the same result.

I shows that a template for table 2 is a new blank text document.

It will not delete, reformat...anything.

At this point I can only use open office for this one document

HELP!!! Don't want to change to microsoft office, but I may need to.

Sherry Schmitz

830-537-3384

sschmitz@gvtc.cvom

Re: Repair Office

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 29/01/18 6:59 AM, sherry schmitz wrote:
> My office will not open a new blank text document. It will only open a
> template of a genera ledger.

It's likely that you saved the general ledger document as your default
template.
Go to File -> Templates -> Organise this opens the Template management menu
Select My Templates and delete the entrie(s) you don't need.
Alternative you can view/delete the entries in in Windows Explorer
C:\Users\{Your name}\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template

> I had the latest version. Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled
> openoffice. Still won't work.
>
> I have restarted... dumped trash ....made sure that there was no old
> install files.
>
> I have done this three times with the same result.
>
> I shows that a template for table 2 is a new blank text document.
>
> It will not delete, reformat...anything.
>
> At this point I can only use open office for this one document
>
> HELP!!! Don't want to change to microsoft office, but I may need to.

That's an expensive alternative!