Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/09/09 15:11:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release log4net 1.2.12 based on RC1

Hi all,

after about two years it's more than about time to cut a new release.

log4net 1.2.12 RC1 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/logging/log4net
  (revision 2850)

Details of changes since 1.2.11 are in the release notes:
  http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/release/release-notes.html

I have tested this with Mono and several .NET frameworks using NAnt.

The tag is here:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4net/tags/1.2.12RC1
  (revision 1520872)

Site:
  http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/

RAT Report:
  http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/rat-report.html

Votes, please.  This vote will close in 72 hours, 1300 GMT 11-Sep
2013

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts
[ ] +0 OK, but...
[ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
[ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks!

        Stefan

Re: [RESULT] Release log4net 1.2.12 based on RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-09-12, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> Now that the SDK reference is on logging.apache.org the page encoding is
> broken again. There's something fishy going there. See this screenshot:

Ouch.

The main difference is one svn commit/checkout cycle.

I think svn expects files to have an UTF-8 encoding so it may break the
Windows CP1252 encoding of the sdk files.  I'll try to figure out a
solution.

Stefan

AW: [RESULT] Release log4net 1.2.12 based on RC1

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
*hm*

Now that the SDK reference is on logging.apache.org the page encoding is
broken again. There's something fishy going there. See this screenshot:

While it was on ~bodewig@ao it used to be ok.

The downloads work as expected. Some mirrors are not synched yet, but others
work fine.

AW: [VOTE] Release log4net 1.2.12 based on RC1

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Yay, you found the time!

I'm not checking the source changes but only website stuff etc. At a first
glance I found these issues on the web page:

* the download page is broken
* the SDK reference is broken
* Supported Frameworks still lists Compact Framework and .NET 1.0, is this
intended? Maybe we should list in Framework specific notes that those
frameworks have to be built from source?

Cheers

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

TOC
>>    on the left is only a few pixels high where it should probably use the
>>    entire vertical space:
>>    Maybe it's just a chrome thing on ubuntu?
>
>Looks fine in Firefox - and even if it didn't, I'm not sure we'd have
>enough influence on the generated HTML anyway :-)

True ;-)

AW: [VOTE] Release log4net 1.2.12 based on RC1

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Looks good. The SDK reference now is even in the correct encoding.

+1 from me

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-09-09, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> I'm not checking the source changes but only website stuff etc. At a first
> glance I found these issues on the web page:

> * the download page is broken

I should have said so.  Yes, this is to be expected as I must not run
CGIs from my homedir.

> * the SDK reference is broken

Ah, good catch, fixed.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-09-09, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> I'm not checking the source changes but only website stuff etc. At a first
> glance I found these issues on the web page:

> * the download page is broken

I should have said so.  Yes, this is to be expected as I must not run
CGIs from my homedir.

> * the SDK reference is broken

Ah, good catch, fixed.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Yay, you found the time!

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-09-10, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> +1

> I did the usual checks but due to a different OS I am not able to run
> the tests (without lot of efforts :-)).

Thanks :-)

> Please note, teh Apache Rat 0.10 looks a bit different than the one below.

> Unapproved licenses:

>   log4net-1.2.12/log4net.snk.readme
>   log4net-1.2.12/tests/lib/prerequisites.txt

both are simple readmes and are likely to get excluded from the report -
I'll look into it post-release.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release log4net 1.2.12 based on RC1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1

I did the usual checks but due to a different OS I am not able to run
the tests (without lot of efforts :-)).

Please note, teh Apache Rat 0.10 looks a bit different than the one below.

Unapproved licenses:

  log4net-1.2.12/log4net.snk.readme
  log4net-1.2.12/tests/lib/prerequisites.txt

I do not consider this a blocker, but you may want to run the report
manually again or update the plugin.

Cheers!
Christian