Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by René Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de> on 2019/04/05 06:18:18 UTC

OM5: Latency Audio/Video

Hello,

today I made a try with 10 peoples.

I make a camera-video with myself and a USB-microphone. The latency
between this are ~1-2 seconds.
I mean that under Flash there were parameters to correct this.
Is it possible to correct this under HTML5 too?

Best regards,

René

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Peter,

just have tried the same steps and everything was OK for me
maybe you can share "demo" backup with me?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for checking!

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Peter!

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Stefan Kühl <st...@quatrekuehl.eu>.
Hey Peter,

do you use Docker for KMS or do you try the native installation?

Greetz

Stefan

  --
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
still take a while...

Re: OM5 - Desktop-Sharing

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Most probably this is historical behavior
Maybe because user can click "flashing icon" to check what it is :))

I don't know :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM5 - Desktop-Sharing

Posted by René Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de>.

Re: OM5 - Desktop-Sharing

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Not sure I got your question

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

OM5 - Desktop-Sharing

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for willing to help!

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Mettavihari D <tv...@gmail.com>.
Greetings

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Re: Result 1st test - 10 Users

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Will try to answer inline

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 20:35, René Scholz
<re...@abakus-edv-systems.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> today I made test "OM5-M2" with 10 Users.

M1 was released (not announced)
M2 right now is equal to M1, but this is actually latest DEVELOPMENT version

> Here are my results:
>
> - sharing of a Application: An application (written in Delphi) only
> shares a black window by the viewer.
> No border, nothing. Only black. In the preview-windows it was black too.
> The moderator see it normal.
> Other application are fully visible. This is reproducable.
>
> - I gave a collegue the moderator-rights during the event. He tried to
> share the application ("black-screen") himself.
> First time he had not the whole list of running applications to share.
> Only the tabs into his browser (Firefox).
> After closing the browser, editing the room-configuration and made him
> default-moderator, start browser he saw "a few" applications in
> the pull-down-list. It was OK, the application "black-screen" was there.
> That's enough for this moment. But it was the same result, it was black too.
>
> - BTW: Whats the difference between the choice "Screen", "Window" and
> "Application"? After that the same question appears.

As I wrote in some other thread:
- Screen sharing is made by browser, we have almost no control on it
(only type can be selected)
- It is weird Delphi app resulting a black screen
- It is super weird there is difference in displaying shared area to
moderators/non-moderators, is it reproducible with all types of
sharing?

'Whats the difference between the choice "Screen", "Window" and
"Application"?' - I _believe_ this is:
* "Screen" - you are sharing one of your screens, with all windows,
applications notifications etc.
* "Window" - you are sharing particular window, for ex. browser
window, or window of terminal
* "Application" - most probably all application windows will be
shared, not sure about this
All above are my assumptions :))

> - Sometimes the button to share Desktop is away. Also the menu (Actions-
> Share...).

This should be as designed for non-moderator users
Could you please share your steps if this is not the case?

> Solution: Exit the room a moment and enter again: The Buttons are on the
> right places.
>
> - Soundquality: Very good.
>
> - A few persons login into the room before I go into it myself. Where I
> can configrate that this people only see a static picture (Logo).

You can put something to WB :)

> When I go into the room all members already in switch to the "normal
> screen".
>

> Short word: Fantastic. The new HTML5 is very nice.

Thanks!
While reading was sure resume would be awful :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Result 1st test - 10 Users

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Should be fixed,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Import backup

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Yes, thats what I meant.

Re: Import backup

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Peter,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Import backup

Import backup

Re: OM5: Latency Audio/Video

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello René,

I'm afraid I need some more info on your HW config
Could you tell me how camera/microphone is connected to your client PC/laptop?

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 16:43, René Scholz

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM5: Latency Audio/Video