Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/24 11:14:15 UTC

Silly question about zk_load_configs.sh

So, this script is in common, but:

export JAR=metron-parsers-$METRON_VERSION-uber.jar

Is the jar it executes.   The class it references is :

Re: Silly question about zk_load_configs.sh

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
haha you're not thick; you're noticing a bit of a hack that should probably
be corrected.  The use of parsers here is entirely to opportunistically
take advantage of the fact taht the parsers have as direct dependencies all
of the stellar functions in Metron.  This was done prior to us being able
to side-load stellar functions (and it was still a bit of a hack, tbh).
Moving forward, I'd love to see the stellar functions extracted from Metron
and installed into HDFS and referenced that way, rather than bundled and
opportunistically referred to like in here.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.