Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/27 19:09:43 UTC

Cocoon + PDF + Forms ?

Hello All,

We have an in house solution that allows us to render a PDF or HTML
form based on an XML file.

>From what I have read, Cocoon can do this.  I would like to move away
from our in house solution to a more standard API.

The problem is that we are using forms (as in data entry) with both
our PDF and HTML versions.

Will Cocoon and Cocoon forms allow for PDF form?  If so does anyone
have a link or an example?  Also if this is supported does the PDF
require an FDF document?

Thanks!

Antw: Re: Cocoon + PDF + Forms ?

Posted by Martin Geissler <M....@wika.de>.
Hello Brian,

As I understood you, your webserver gives HTML- Forms out to the user.
 and
your webserver gives PDF-Files (with Form funktionality) out to the
user.
The User inserts some data in one kind of the form, and this data went
back to your
 webserver and get there processed.
Right?

As for cocoon have a look at:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/tour/intro/docs/index.html
or install it local on your PC and look at the samples.

To your question:
HTML- based webforms are possible with cooon.
PDF-Based Forms as described up is not possible as I know.
The PDF support of cocoon is based on Apache FOP ( or iText)
kind regards,

martin

>>> "Brian Demers" <br...@gmail.com> Donnerstag, 28. September
2006 01:27 >>>
Yes, our solution is completely web based.

Can anyone point me to an example of Cocoon + PDF + forms?

thanks again!

On 9/27/06, Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Interesting. I assume that users need to be able to fill out the
forms
> (both PDF and HTML) and somehow send back the result. How do you do
that
> with your in house solution? Is it all web-based?
>
> Our company employs PDF forms in a project for one of our customers,
and
> I thought it was web-based, but am afraid I do not know the precise
> details.
>
> I guess Cocoon would have no trouble handling the FDF files, but
> combining an FDF with a PDF to provide a user with a PDF form might
be
> more difficult. I am not that familiar with this technology though,
> say for sure..
>
> Kind regards,
> Geert
>

> Drs. G.P.H. Josten
> Consultant
>

> Daidalos BV
> Source of Innovation
> Hoekeindsehof 1-4
> 2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
> Tel.: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
> Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
> www.daidalos.nl
> KvK 27164984
>

> De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig
van Daidalos BV en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien
u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen, verzoeken wij u het te
verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

Re: Cocoon + PDF + Forms ?

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.

RE: Cocoon + PDF + Forms ?

Posted by Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl>.