Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by ken <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/01 22:23:58 UTC

custom distribution

Hi All,

I am trying to make a custom distribution and I don't know if it's even
possible or not.  I want to make a distribution with the following features;
* hot deployment
* dynamic configuration
* logging
* provisioning
* console

For the console, I do not want any commands aside from the "help" and
"logout" as I'll be providing other set of commands.  How would I go about
achieving this?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: custom distribution

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
start with standard karaf, the remove unused artifacts, and customize boot
feature?

-Dan

Re: custom distribution

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ken,

You can start with Karaf standard distribution and remove
org.apache.karaf.shell.commands bundle from system folder and
etc/startup.properties.

The issue is that removing this bundle will remove a bunch of commands
(like more, grep, etc).
To "filter" the commands, you can create your own commands bundle
removing the help and logout commands.

Regards
JB

On 11/01/2013 10:23 PM, ken wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to make a custom distribution and I don't know if it's even
> possible or not.  I want to make a distribution with the following features;
> * hot deployment
> * dynamic configuration
> * logging
> * provisioning
> * console
>
> For the console, I do not want any commands aside from the "help" and
> "logout" as I'll be providing other set of commands.  How would I go about
> achieving this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: custom distribution

Posted by ken <an...@gmail.com>.
thanks for all the input.  i'll attempt to make a custom distribution based
on the input.

Re: custom distribution

Posted by sekaijin <jy...@yahoo.fr>.
you can use
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html
to create a custom distribution.

you can copy in your distribution any package you want.
in the Pom, exclude all package you want to remove and add dependencies.

in distribution descriptor you can add somme files with personnals.
if your read french you can see an exemple here
http://www.developpez.net/forums/d1228747/java/serveurs-conteneurs-java-ee/modularisation-osgi-sca/osgi-camel-plate-forme-minimale/

the distribution
http://www.developpez.net/forums/attachments/p113271d1362923555/java/serveurs-conteneurs-java-ee/modularisation-osgi-sca/osgi-camel-plate-forme-minimale/karaf-camel.tar.gz/
are not fully tested.