Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Akshay Shinde <ak...@oracle.com> on 2019/05/15 16:07:58 UTC

NPE in Flink 1.8.0

Hi

We would highly appreciate any information on following stacktrace. Our flink job is simply writing data to Cassandra using cassandra sink and we are getting following exception -

	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.createRecordWriters(StreamTask.java:1175)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.<init>(StreamTask.java:212)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.<init>(StreamTask.java:190)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.SourceStreamTask.<init>(SourceStreamTask.java:51)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.loadAndInstantiateInvokable(Task.java:1405)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:689)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

My jobs were working fine with version 1.7.2, now we upgraded our version to 1.8.0 then we are facing this problem.

Waiting for your response.

Akshay Shinde

SMTS, Oracle

Re: NPE in Flink 1.8.0

Posted by Farouk <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

We had the same issue.

Make sure everything is using Flink 1.8 and not half on 1.7.2 and the other
half on 1.8.

Make sure to prune docker images and so on, even maven repo.

Farouk