Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Vachon <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 17:09:25 UTC

Programmatically retrieve artifact

Hi,

Is there a way to, using the Maven Java APIs, retrieve all available
versions for an artifact without creating a POM file. I'm not interested in
writing a Maven plug-in for use in a POM file. Can I, for instance, create a
MavenProject, populate with groupId, artifactID, repositories, etc and
retrieve the artifact or versions of that artifact w/o creating a POM?

Cheers,
Marc

Re: Programmatically retrieve artifact

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Have a look here : https://docs.sonatype.org/display/AETHER/Home

and a sample here
https://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-aether/blob/master/aether-demo/src/main/java/demo/aether/AetherDemo.java

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

Re: Programmatically retrieve artifact

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 04/11/2010 12:09 PM, Marc Vachon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to, using the Maven Java APIs, retrieve all available
> versions for an artifact without creating a POM file. I'm not interested in
> writing a Maven plug-in for use in a POM file. Can I, for instance, create a
> MavenProject, populate with groupId, artifactID, repositories, etc and
> retrieve the artifact or versions of that artifact w/o creating a POM?
>
> Cheers,
> Marc

Maven projects require a POM or it is not a Maven project.

What are you really trying to accomplish?

Ron