Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1997/01/15 17:38:33 UTC

[BUG]: "Makefile in modules directory is broken - shows up if additional modules are added there." on Linux (fwd)

no ack.

Jeremy.Laidman@cit.act.edu.au said:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com  Wed Jan 15 00:42:51 1997
> From: Jeremy.Laidman@cit.act.edu.au
> To: awm@qosina.com
> Date: Tue Jan 14 21:43:44 1997
> Subject: [BUG]: "Makefile in modules directory is broken - shows up if additional modules are added there." on Linux
>
> Submitter: Jeremy.Laidman@cit.act.edu.au
> Operating system: Linux, version: 2.0.14
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2b4
> Extra Modules used: auth_external
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> When running a make in the modules subdirectory
> after adding a new module sub-subdirectory and
> telling the makefile about it
> (eg MODULES=proxy auth_external) the makefile
> changes into the first subdirectory and runs
> a make, but doesn't change up before descending
> the second subdirectory.
>
> Simple fix is to add line (+):
>
>   default:
>           (for dir in $(MODULES); do \
>                   cd $$dir; \
>                   $(MAKE) CC=$(CC) AUX_CFLAGS='$(AUX_CFLAGS)' RANLIB=$(RANLIB); \
> +                 cd ..; \
>           done)
>

> --
>
> Backtrace:

                                        | Aram Mirzadeh
I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol| MIS Manager
that some thinkle peep I am.            | Qosina Corp.
It's just the drunker I sit here the    | http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
longer I get.                           | awm@qosina.com
                			| Apache httpd - awm@hyperreal.com
	   -- PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html --
	  -- BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0 --