Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/15 18:37:34 UTC

turn working copy into an ordinary directory

Suppose I have checked out a project into directory 'proj'. Now i want
svn to forget that this is a working copy. AFAIU I have to do something
like
$ find proj -type d -name .svn -exec rm -rf {} ;

But is there a standard way to this with svn utility?
--
Roman I. Cheplyaka

Re: turn working copy into an ordinary directory

Posted by Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:17:47PM -0600, Van Vo wrote:
> If you're not going to make any changes to the files (that is, not use
> subversion for anything), then you can do
> svn export http://my/repository proj
> where proj is the directory you would have done the checkout to
Thanks! I've just understood whar is export command for.
(Also thanks to Daniel Berlin, who replied the same directly.)
--
Roman I. Cheplyaka

Re: Issues in installing Subversion1.3.2 server.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@google.com>.
"Murthy E-G19462" <mu...@motorola.com> writes:
> I installed subversion1.3.2 on SUSE 9.0 Enterprise Linux on an Intel PC.
> I also installed httpd2.0.59. I ran the make check on the subversion and
> all the Tests are passing.
> But when I tried to start the httpd through apachectl script I am
> getting an error in loading mod_dav_svn.so
> giving an error saying unable to Load libsvn_repos-1.so.0). I ran ldd on
> mod_dav_svn.so and following libraries
> are Included in mod_dav_svn.so
> 	- libsvn_repos-1.so.0
> 	- libsvn_fs-1.so.0
> 	- libsvn_delta-1.so.0
> 	- libsvn_subr-1.so.0
>
> Let me know how to resolve this issue.

This is a meta-response: please see

...about why you shouldn't follow up to an existing mail to start a
new thread.

Thank you,
-Karl

Issues in installing Subversion1.3.2 server.

Posted by Murthy E-G19462 <mu...@motorola.com>.
Hi All,

I installed subversion1.3.2 on SUSE 9.0 Enterprise Linux on an Intel PC.
I also installed httpd2.0.59. I ran the make check on the subversion and
all the Tests are passing.
But when I tried to start the httpd through apachectl script I am
getting an error in loading mod_dav_svn.so
giving an error saying unable to Load libsvn_repos-1.so.0). I ran ldd on
mod_dav_svn.so and following libraries
are Included in mod_dav_svn.so
	- libsvn_repos-1.so.0
	- libsvn_fs-1.so.0
	- libsvn_delta-1.so.0
	- libsvn_subr-1.so.0

Let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Murthy

RE: turn working copy into an ordinary directory

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 03:00:25PM -0400, Gaurav Kothiyal wrote:
>    go to the command line and issue this command once inside ur WC
>    DEL /F /S *.svn
>    On 9/15/06, Roman Cheplyaka <[1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      Suppose I have checked out a project into directory 'proj'. Now i
want
>      svn to forget that this is a working copy. AFAIU I have to do
something
>      like
>      $ find proj -type d -name .svn -exec rm -rf {} ;
>
>      But is there a standard way to this with svn utility?
Nice joke :))

Posted by Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gaurav Kothiyal <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 9/15/06, Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suppose I have checked out a project into directory 'proj'. Now i want
> svn to forget that this is a working copy. AFAIU I have to do something
> like
> $ find proj -type d -name .svn -exec rm -rf {} ;
>
> But is there a standard way to this with svn utility?
> --
> Roman I. Cheplyaka

Gaurav Kothiyal

Re: turn working copy into an ordinary directory

Posted by Adam Mercer <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 15/09/06, Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suppose I have checked out a project into directory 'proj'. Now i want
> svn to forget that this is a working copy. AFAIU I have to do something
> like
> $ find proj -type d -name .svn -exec rm -rf {} ;
>
> But is there a standard way to this with svn utility?

AFAIK svn doesn't have a standard way of doing this.

Cheers

Adam