Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/07/25 20:38:40 UTC

[REQUEST] Promote the BigCouch merge news

Dear community,

As you may have heard, Cloudant announced the completion of the BigCouch
merge this week. This news has made the rounds already, but we've just
published the official project blog post that covers it, and we'd like your
help spreading the good news.

Here is the official blog post:

    https://blogs.apache.org/couchdb/entry/welcome_bigcouch

Here is the official tweet:

    https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/360466292567851009

And Google+ posts:

    https://plus.google.com/109226482722655790973/posts/UuBKV7NQbZK
    https://plus.google.com/116863565583051955036/posts/3SmVhM6nC24

We also have a Hacker News item:

    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6104042

And several Reddit items:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1j1kpi/couchdb_merges_in_bigcouch/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Database/comments/1j1kqw/couchdb_merges_in_bigcouch/

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosql/comments/1j1ksj/couchdb_merges_in_bigcouch/

http://www.reddit.com/r/CouchDB/comments/1j1ku3/couchdb_merges_in_bigcouch/

Please take a moment to share these links with your friends.

Retweet us if you use Twitter, and upvote us if you use Google+, Hacker
News, or Reddit.

(Note that Hacker News users may want to navigate to the item from the
front page. I believe up votes are not counted when you link to an item
directly.)

If you like, you could monitor these threads and respond to people with
questions. This is a great opportunity for community outreach.

NS

Re: [REQUEST] Promote the BigCouch merge news

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.
Hey Stanley,
API differences are listed on http://bigcouch.cloudant.com/api but what's going to land as part of the merge won't be quite the same as vanilla big couch, it's much more closely related to what we run on cloudant.com (minus search and a few other bits and bobs).
Cheers
Simon

Posted by Stanley Iriele <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Carlson <la...@gmail.com>.
Retweeted!

Posted by David | StyleFlare <da...@styleflare.com>.

Posted by "matt j. sorenson" <ma...@sorensonbros.net>.
This is flippin fantastic sauce!! Hats off to all involved.

Posted by "matt j. sorenson" <ma...@sorensonbros.net>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
awesome! congrats - this is a big step!

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

"CouchDB - Das Praxisbuch für Entwickler und Administratoren"
http://www.galileocomputing.de/2462
http://www.couchdb-buch.de

"PostgreSQL 8.4: Das Praxisbuch"
http://www.galileocomputing.de/2008
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

Re: [REQUEST] Promote the BigCouch merge news

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Hey all,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Hey all,