Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by benjamin roth <br...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/01 16:20:12 UTC

Lots of dtest errors on local machine

Hi again,

I wanted to run some dtests (e.g. from materialized_views_test.py) to check
my changes. A while ago, everything worked fine but today I ran into a lot
of errors like this:
https://gist.github.com/brstgt/114d76769d97dc72059f9252330c4142

This happened on 2 different machines (macos + linux).
CS Version: 4.0 (trunk of today)
CCM: 2.6.0

I deleted and reinstalled all python deps.
I also checked the ccm logs (as long as I was able to access them, because
dtests delete them after the test)
In the attached log, 127.0.0.2 caused. In ccm logs I saw, that the node was
stopped by the test, started again and seemed to boot up again correctly.

Running some of these tests against 3.11 worked.
Switching back to trunk/4.0 - ERROR

Is this a known issue - maybe caused by removed RPC support? Am I maybe
doing sth wrong?

Re: Lots of dtest errors on local machine

Posted by benjamin roth <br...@gmail.com>.
Sorry - it was my fault. I introduced a bug and was blinded by the tons of
debug output of dtests.