Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by jeremy jardin <je...@newtec.caisse-epargne.fr> on 2006/07/10 15:06:40 UTC

selectByExample

Hi,

I'm trying to use Ibatis in my application.
I've also used Abator plugin to generate my javabeans and xml files.

Today, I'm writing a bean Manager, used to store/delete/update datas in
database.
I want to write methods able to give list according to the beanExample.

When I look in debug Mode how it works, I don"t understand.
My junit test file just try to get a user from his phone number, and
request answers the whole user list of my database.

I proceed like that :

        UtilisateurExample criteria = new UtilisateurExample() ;
        Criteria.setMobile ("0600000000"),

        ArrayList userList = new ArrayList() ;

        UtilisateurDAOImpl userDao = new UtilisateurDAOImpl() ;

        userDao.setSqlMapClient(sqlMap);

        try
        {
            list = (ArrayList)userDao.selectByExample(criteria);
        }
        catch (SQLException e)
        {}

that code give me the whole user list (that' s not true, no one user in
my database has that phonenumber)
But if I precise :

            Criteria.setMobileIndicator(1) ;

It works well !!

I don't understand why should I set explicitly that mobileIndicator ???
Am using ibatis the good way ??

Thx !!

Re: selectByExample

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
With the current version of Abator you do need to specify how the criterion
will be applied.  So your code should look like this:

UtilisateurExample criteria = new UtilisateurExample() ;
criteria.setMobile ("0600000000"),
criteria.setMobile_Indicator(UtilisateurExample.EXAMPLE_EQUALS);

Jeff Butler