Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp> on 2002/02/15 11:31:59 UTC

tomcat 3.2 and external webapps (again)

I seem to recall several posts on this, but can't figure out how to get them
from the archive, and I don't recall any answers except my own half-baked
response about doing it in v 3.3. I've also dug through the 3.2 docs a ways.
And I've been mucking about in the conf directory for several days, and I
still can't figure out how to tell tomcat 3.2 to serve something outside of
its own directory tree.

No problems in v 3.3. apps-nnnn.xml, etc. work fine. But I am being told to
use 3.2.

I get the feeling it might be done by setting up workers and making
appropriate re-directs in apache. Is this where I should be looking?

Joel

Re: tomcat 3.2 and external webapps (again)

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.
Never mind, I finally found it, in the deployment section of the online docs
for 3.2.

Add a <context> entry to server.xml, etc.

Sorry about the static.