Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Nolan Darilek <no...@thewordnerd.info> on 2013/08/15 15:56:26 UTC

Many subjects in a single thread

I'd like to use Shiro in [Vert.x](http://vertx.io) and am wondering how
best to code the integration?

Vert.x structures apps in a series of verticles, single-threaded
deployment units that send and receive messages. Basically, what I need
is a piece of code that can authenticate all Shiro sessions in a single
thread and send the caller a token. The caller will fire back JSON
messages like such:

{"auth.isAuthenticated": "TOKEN"} {"auth.isRemembered": "TOKEN"}

and get back some sort of response.

Any pointers as to how to go about doing this? I'm used to using Shiro
in threaded environments where I can run SecurityUtils.getSubject(). Is
it just a matter of mapping tokens to subjects and instantiating them
myself? Are there any gotchas of which I should be aware?