Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/11 04:43:20 UTC

Stewardship of Docker-Solr

FYI Martijn Koster, the owner of the docker-solr project invited me to help
maintain docker-solr going forward.  His work doesn't involve Solr anymore
and so he's looking for other who have been involved to take the reigns.  I
accepted.  I suspect Shalin might have accepted as well because, like me,
we are both "Owners" of this GitHub org, along with Martijn.

https://github.com/docker-solr

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Stewardship of Docker-Solr

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I was also invited to become admin. However I think we should allow any Lucene/Solr committer to join the GitHub org, and keep the separate repo for now.
Then after transitioning knowledge from Martijn through a release or two, we could decide on further steps such as moving the repo to asf, release process etc.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.