Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Katsuya Horiuchi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/10 15:13:50 UTC

JAVA_HOME on Windows

Hello,

I found this project last week and I would like to use it on Windows
7/10 machine, which has Java version 10.0.1.

However, my path to java executable file is:
`C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe`

I set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to `C:\Program Files
(x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java`, but that throws an error.
After reading `sqlline.bat` file, I found out the executable file is
supposed to be in `bin` directory.

I did not change default configuration upon Java installation.
Therefore, I was wondering if there should be a way to specify full
path to the executable file.
Or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Katsuya

Re: JAVA_HOME on Windows

Posted by Katsuya Horiuchi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arina,

Ha, apparently I was not pointing to JDK installation.
Now it seems to be working well.

Rough day for a non-Java dev.
Thank you for your help.

Best,