Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/27 18:22:21 UTC

"Working with Destinations with Stomp" <-- clarification please

Hi,

I'm working with a stomp client and up till now I've assumed that the
following it's what's needed for a nicely structured hierarchy:

/queue/Foo.Bar.Baz

However, an accidental post to /queue/Foo/Bar/Baz shows up in the web
interface verbatim.

Is the separator arbitrary then? Is dot just an enterprise convention?

In the documentation it clearly states both ways:

"So FOO.BAR is the normal syntax of a MOM queue - the Stomp equivalent
would be /queue/FOO.BAR" then:

"If in Stomp world you use /queue/foo/bar then in a JMS world the
queue would be called foo/bar not /foo/bar."

Which should it be then? dot or slash? I'm somewhat confused and I
don't even know if I need to be!

James

Re: "Working with Destinations with Stomp" <-- clarification please

Posted by James Casey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi James.

with Foo.Bar.Baz, you can use wildcard subscriptions such as Foo.Bar.*.

with Foo/Bar/Baz, this is seen as a single hierarchical element, so no
wildcards would work.

cheers,

James.