Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ravi Luthra <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/24 02:43:19 UTC

Profile activation by time range?

Does anyone know how to activate a profile in maven if the time is
between a certain hour of the day?

I'm using a CI to build during every checkin, which also deploys the
code. However the build server does the entire site generation and has
about 10 plugins connected to it, This makes our builds very slow on
the server. What I want to do is only do the site build at midnight.
The only problem is our CI server (hudson) doesn't let you specify
different run options for different times of the day. (at least when
using Maven integration mode).

What I want to do is have Maven activate the profile based on the time
of day, so that Hudson doesn't have to know about it. I had a bunch of
thoughts on this:
1) Create a separate process that drops a file onto the system only
between 11:50pm and 12:10am. Have the profile containing the site
plugin configuration activate based on this file existing.
2) OR I could create a maven plugin that runs first, and if it is
between a certain time range, activate other profiles during that same
build. (not sure how to do this)
3) Request an enhancement to Maven devs to support time based profile
activation.

Any of these feasible?

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: Profile activation by time range?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Use two hudson jobs. Oh and _please_ file an issue with
hudson.dev.java.netto get the batch-tasks plugin to work with m2
project types!

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.