Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Al-Dhahir, Haitham" <Ha...@gs.com> on 2003/05/09 15:13:04 UTC

Blank page between page sequences

Hi,

I'm creating a PDF using three page sequences. The first page sequence is
the first page, the second page sequence is any number of pages (1..n) and
the third sequence is the last page. This the first and last sequences are
like bookends for the document, and the middle sequence contains the real
content of the document.

When I generate the document using FOP 0.20.4 everything is fine. However,
when I generate exactly the same document using 0.20.5rc2, a blank page
appears between the first and second page sequences, i.e. page 2 of the
document is blank. I need to use 0.20.05rc2 as it supports
retrieve-boundary="page-sequence", which 0.20.4 does not.

I remember seeing a bug listed in bugzilla to the effect of the above,
however it doesn't seem to be there any more so I assume it has been fixed
now. The latest binary release is still 0.20.5rc2 on Feb 18 as far as I can
see, and as I am having trouble accessing the CVS repository (Unknown host
cvs.apache.org - possibly a firewall issue) it looks like I can't get the
latest version with the bugfix.

Firstly, am I right in thinking there was a bug that has been fixed?
Secondly, if I am right, can someone point me towards a jar file containing
the bug fix?

Thanks,

Haitham.

Re: Blank page between page sequences

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Have you checked that it's not the problem here?
http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#blank-page-between-page-sequences

On 09.05.2003 15:13:04 Al-Dhahir, Haitham wrote:
> I'm creating a PDF using three page sequences. The first page sequence is
> the first page, the second page sequence is any number of pages (1..n) and
> the third sequence is the last page. This the first and last sequences are
> like bookends for the document, and the middle sequence contains the real
> content of the document.
>
> When I generate the document using FOP 0.20.4 everything is fine. However,
> when I generate exactly the same document using 0.20.5rc2, a blank page
> appears between the first and second page sequences, i.e. page 2 of the
> document is blank. I need to use 0.20.05rc2 as it supports
> retrieve-boundary="page-sequence", which 0.20.4 does not.
>
> I remember seeing a bug listed in bugzilla to the effect of the above,
> however it doesn't seem to be there any more so I assume it has been fixed
> now. The latest binary release is still 0.20.5rc2 on Feb 18 as far as I can
> see, and as I am having trouble accessing the CVS repository (Unknown host
> cvs.apache.org - possibly a firewall issue) it looks like I can't get the
> latest version with the bugfix.
>
> Firstly, am I right in thinking there was a bug that has been fixed?
> Secondly, if I am right, can someone point me towards a jar file containing
> the bug fix?

Jeremias Maerki