Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Kumar, Priyanshu" <Pr...@tesco.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/24 18:30:14 UTC

Apache Kylin - Tableau connectivity with MacOS

Hi Team,

We are trying to connect to Kylin instance using Tableau installed on MacOS and facing below error. Has anyone seen or faced this earlier?
"An error occurred while communicating with Other Databases (ODBC)
Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
Error Code: 06DA155A
[Simba][ODBC] (10380) Unable to establish connection with data source. Missing settings: {[PROJECT]}
Generic ODBC requires additional configuration. The driver and DSN (data source name) must be installed and configured to match the connection.
Unable to connect to the server "http://xx.xxx.xx.xx" using the driver "KyligenceODBCDriver". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database."

Note: Since Kylin ODBC driver was not available for Mac so we downloaded and used Kyligence Mac ODBC driver.

Thanks & regards,
Priyanshu Kumar
This is a confidential email. Tesco may monitor and record all emails. The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not Tesco. Tesco Stores Limited Company Number: 519500 Registered in England Registered Office: Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA VAT Registration Number: GB 220 4302 31

Re: Apache Kylin - Tableau connectivity with MacOS

Posted by Yaqian Zhang <Ya...@126.com>.
Hi Priyanshu Kumar:

Kylin ODBC driver does not support Mac. I don't think you can use Kyligence ODBC driver to replace it, because Apache kylin and kyligence Enterprise are different.

If you want to use Tableau to connect to kylin on  Mac, you can use kylin JDBC driver. Kylin 3.0.0 supports use JDBC connection to tableau.
Here is a reference link to the related mail: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Kylin-and-Tableau-JDBC-td13471.html

Posted by Yaqian Zhang <Ya...@126.com>.
Hi Priyanshu Kumar: