Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chitra Raveendran <ch...@fluturasolutions.com> on 2013/05/17 07:23:18 UTC

Is it possible to channelize high priority data and ordinary data in the same kafka cluster ???

HI

I have a 3 node kafka cluster, and i have 2 topics( one of very high
priority and other normal data), i need to transmit the normal data to two
brokers in the cluster , and the high priority data directly to the 3rd
broker.

This is so that my high priority data has a clear path and can be
transmitted without any delay at all.

What should I do to achieve this ? Just specifying appropriate broker.list
for each producer , is enough?

--
Chitra Raveendran
email  : chitra.raveendran@fluturasoutions.com

Re: Is it possible to channelize high priority data and ordinary data in the same kafka cluster ???

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
First of all, do you see any delay at all for your high priority data?
There are config options that you can tune so that your consumer can see
the data as soon as it is available.

Thanks,
Neha