Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de> on 2003/08/27 07:45:51 UTC

What to do after the build?

I downloaded the RC1 and changed the MySQL-Database properties to the new
Connector/J Driver, also I copied the jar to the lib directory. I then
build torque with ant, basically only the Torque.properties in the
root-directory of the project was changed.

  What would be the next step? Can I copy all the other files that I need
from an older Version? Why aren't they included?

Thanx,
Sven

---
Sven Haiges
sh@flavor.de
http://www.svenhaiges.de

Re: AW: What to do after the build?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de> writes:

Could it be that you missed the split from one torque jar to
runtime/generator jars from 3.0.2 to 3.1-rc? If yes, please go to the
src/generator directory and build the torque-gen jar.

You might want to check on maven first, building torque without maven is
pretty hard.

	Regards
		Henning

>--=======4B115C57=======

>That's the point: I did not get any errorrs, Build was successful. But I=20
>cannot see the necessary files, like the <project>-schema.xml in the master=
>=20
>folder. Also the other build.xml file is missing, that allows me to build=20
>the om classes.

>Do I need to copy some other files into the directory now? If yes, where=20
>can I find them.

>Before using the RC1, I used the 3.0.2, which allowed me to build the OM=20
>classes according to the tutorial. Can I just copy the missing classes to=20
>the RC1 directory?

>thanx
>sven

>At 09:02 AM 27/08/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>>Hi Sven,
>>
>>Are you getting any errors? Please post them. To use torque with mysql
>>is really very easy. You define your <project>-schema.xml. Then you run
>>the ant init task which creates the database for you and generates your
>>OM Classes. You can then access your Data through the *Peer Objects by
>>doing *Peer.doSelect(new Criteria()). You can specify which data you
>>want by adjusting your Criteria. So at which point are you?
>>
>>Kind regards
>>
>>J=FCrgen Hoffmann
>>

>>-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)

Re: AW: What to do after the build?

Posted by Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de>.
That's the point: I did not get any errorrs, Build was successful. But I
cannot see the necessary files, like the <project>-schema.xml in the master
folder. Also the other build.xml file is missing, that allows me to build
the om classes.

Do I need to copy some other files into the directory now? If yes, where
can I find them.

Before using the RC1, I used the 3.0.2, which allowed me to build the OM
classes according to the tutorial. Can I just copy the missing classes to
the RC1 directory?

thanx
sven

At 09:02 AM 27/08/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi Sven,
>
>Are you getting any errors? Please post them. To use torque with mysql
>is really very easy. You define your <project>-schema.xml. Then you run
>the ant init task which creates the database for you and generates your
>OM Classes. You can then access your Data through the *Peer Objects by
>doing *Peer.doSelect(new Criteria()). You can specify which data you
>want by adjusting your Criteria. So at which point are you?
>
>Kind regards
>
>J�rgen Hoffmann
>

>-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

---

Posted by Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de>.
I just tried to copy the old (from 3.0.2) build-torque.xml file in my
project, but the necessary Classes like TorqueDataModelTask are missing. So
I cannot run Ant to build my OM classes.

Something else: I get an error message when trying to download Torque 3.1
RC -> file cannot be found on the server.

---

Is the tutorial still valid or does it relate to an older version of
torque? I was quite successful with the tutorial for 3.0.2 (except the last
step, the real testing of the classes).

cu
SVEN

At 09:02 AM 27/08/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi Sven,
>
>Are you getting any errors? Please post them. To use torque with mysql
>is really very easy. You define your <project>-schema.xml. Then you run
>the ant init task which creates the database for you and generates your
>OM Classes. You can then access your Data through the *Peer Objects by
>doing *Peer.doSelect(new Criteria()). You can specify which data you
>want by adjusting your Criteria. So at which point are you?
>
>Kind regards
>
>J�rgen Hoffmann
>

>-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

---