Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/09/24 04:49:09 UTC

Service deprecation

Hi all,

What do you think about adding the ability to deprecate services?  We
could add an attribute to the service definition indicating that it
has been deprecated and then log a warning whenever it is invoked.
That would allow us to change the names of or remove services without
breaking existing installations, we'd just move the old service to the
bottom of the service definition file and then remove it after the
next release.

I don't have a pressing need for this, it's just an idea I had after
seeing some poorly named services around the place.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: Service deprecation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1, and maybe another field to comment

Jacques

From: "Sumit Pandit" <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Service deprecation

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1.  I think that a single attribute, something like deprecation-
message or deprecation-comment, should do the job.

Mridul Pathak

Re: Service deprecation

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Service deprecation