Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Boughton <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/02 00:24:22 UTC

HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

Ok, so I re-wrote my config files and I'm not getting 404s any more - I'm
getting 405 :(

Trying to load index.jsp (or any jsp file, even if it doesn't exist) results
in the following:
HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

Google is just producing lots of references to servlets not having doGet or
doPost methods - but this is the main JspServlet so that shouldn't be the
case, right?

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it?

--
\ \
Peter Boughton

Re: HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

Posted by Peter Boughton <bo...@gmail.com>.
Was starting to think the same thing, and then I thought to actually try the
local Host, and all the standard tomcat/webapps code and examples are all
working there.

So, that must mean it's a configuration difference between the main Host and
the one I'm trying to add?

The only thing I can think it might be is web.xml - since that's getting
over-ridden by the example stuff, but I can't see any obvious problems with
it.

Is there any other places where the config might change between hosts?

Thanks,

Peter

On 9/1/07, Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder@gmail.com > wrote:

> On 9/1/07, Peter Boughton <boughtonp@gmail.com > wrote:
>
> > Trying to load index.jsp (or any jsp file, even if it doesn't exist)
> results
> > in the following:
> > HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL
>
> > Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it?
>
> It sounds like your install is totally hosed.
>
> If it were me, I'd reinstall from scratch, using a fresh tar file, and see
> that it worked out of the box (ROOT/index.jsp, examples, etc.).
>
> Then try deploying your own app(s).
>
> FWIW,

\ \
Peter Boughton
blog.bpsite.net
/ /

Re: HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.