Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/09/18 16:11:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Dear IPMC members,

This is a call for vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1].

The  Apache OpenWhisk community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes, Version 1.12.0.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this incubator release.

OpenWhisk nodejs, java and docker runtimes vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/443cbd5eb5f2b84c3b34b92bd8585a36cd8c1ce52ef5453a7ad33282@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

OpenWhisk nodejs, java and docker runtimes vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/257f62b54b1fd14e7b6e2347d0263169821f55ac4f57355e44c84194@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E

This release comprises of source code distribution only.

For OpenWhisk Runtime Nodejs:
The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Nodejs can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-nodejs-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Nodejs is:
openwhisk-runtime-nodejs-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
D046ED19 A813D9A9 96986002 C7065C7A 41FDF48A B87440D9 CF86B227 B4E2D3BF A63DC4C0
 7BAC979F 998B9867 3492A8A5 07F739ED 822BFC14 2E44EFA9 7D29DF23
which can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-nodejs-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Nodejs can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-nodejs-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

For OpenWhisk Runtime Java:
The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Java can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-java-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Java is:
openwhisk-runtime-java-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
FADF0287 E4A65B8C F56F0CAD 128CB02E 89B701EA A621D394 6A8412FD 05522B44 1AD4EC05
 A52FF4CE 6B73FC6D 44B6730F E4023923 EE92C1C9 02DAC10F 1DB253C3
which can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-java-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Java can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-java-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

For OpenWhisk Runtime Docker:
The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Docker can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-docker-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz

The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Docker is:
openwhisk-runtime-docker-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
D668D079 CFBF8DBB 7356D50B 609F7A42 49C588BD 9BADC57B A06C025A CA5BFDFF BB3A3E72
 EF612A43 A4179A04 4EF12FD6 9BAA8047 46197280 6037C5EC BAA3F626
which can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-docker-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the artifact of OpenWhisk Runtime Docker can be found via:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-1.12.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-runtime-docker-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc

KEYS file is available at:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openwhisk/KEYS
This key has been validated here: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=houshengbo&op=index

This is the first time that Apache OpenWhisk: nodejs, java and docker runtimes request for a release, so there is no file of CHANGELOG.

The documentation on how to verify the artifacts can be found at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/How+to+verify+the+release+checklist+and+vote+on+OpenWhisk+modules+under+Apache

We are currently using the tool called openwhisk-release(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release) to release all the modules of OpenWhisk. The instruction for release managers can be found at: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/release_instructions.md. This tool
supports  both manual and automated modes to package the source code, sign the artifacts and upload the artifacts into Apache SVN repositories.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)
On behalf of OpenWhisk team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Posted by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com>.
Thank everyone for the votes.

I will close this mail thread and consolidate the votes.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I wouldn't say it's necessarily because a jar can't be included in the
source. The source for generating the jar would need to be included at
least. I can see how that would get more complicated with gradlew.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked (for all 6 source releases):
- incubating in name
- hashes and signatures correct
- DISCLAIMER exits
- LICENSE and NOTICE good (boilerplate and no 3rd party code bundled)
- No binary files at all
- All source files have ASF headers
- Can compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

***UNCHECKED*** Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0 [RC1]

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:11 PM Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...This is a call for vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk nodejs, java and docker runtimes 1.12.0

+1 for the release of the artifacts listed below with their sha512 digests.

Checked signature, digests, LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, NOTICE, ASF headers
with incubator-openwhisk-utilities/scancode/scanCode.py  and no
binaries in the release archives.

openwhisk-runtime-docker-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
D668D079CFBF8DBB7356D50B609F7A4249C588BD9BADC57BA06C025ACA5BFDFFBB3A3E72EF612A43A4179A044EF12FD69BAA8047461972806037C5ECBAA3F626

openwhisk-runtime-java-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
FADF0287E4A65B8CF56F0CAD128CB02E89B701EAA621D3946A8412FD05522B441AD4EC05A52FF4CE6B73FC6D44B6730FE4023923EE92C1C902DAC10F1DB253C3

openwhisk-runtime-nodejs-1.12.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
D046ED19A813D9A996986002C7065C7A41FDF48AB87440D9CF86B227B4E2D3BFA63DC4C07BAC979F998B98673492A8A507F739ED822BFC142E44EFA97D29DF23

-Bertrand