Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by Klemen Zagar <kl...@cosylab.com> on 2003/12/24 10:40:38 UTC

Custom XML beans

Hello, everybody!

I would like to override the implementation of some of my XML beans. For
example, given XML:

   <envelope xmlns="...">
     <child/> <!-- complex type: Child -->
   </envelope>

the XML Beans code generator will produce a class "Child". When parsing, an
instance of this Child would be created. However, I'd like the parser to
create an instance of class, say, "CustomChild", that I'd write manually by
extend "Child".

Is there a way to instruct the factory which class to instantiate for a
given XML type?

Regards,
   Klemen.