Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Maureen Barger <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/02 19:26:07 UTC

svnadmin restore question

Hello - in creating an iteration in Subversion 1.5.1 I inadvertently
deleted the source after I created the new iteration. I was able to rename
the new iteration to the old, but in the process lost the branches
directory. I have a backup from a point in time before the iteration was
deleted but am unsure how to restore the branches directory only.
Can anyone provide guidance?
Thanks.

Re: svnadmin restore question

Posted by Mat Booth <ma...@wandisco.com>.
On 2 February 2012 18:26, Maureen Barger <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello - in creating an iteration in Subversion 1.5.1 I inadvertently deleted
> the source after I created the new iteration. I was able to rename the new
> iteration to the old, but in the process lost the branches directory. I have
> a backup from a point in time before the iteration was deleted but am unsure
> how to restore the branches directory only.
> Can anyone provide guidance?
> Thanks.

There is a chapter in the Subversion book about resurrecting deleted items:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.html#svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.resurrect

Mat Booth
Software Engineer
WANdisco, Inc.

http://www.wandisco.com

Re: svnadmin restore question

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Maureen Barger <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello - in creating an iteration in Subversion 1.5.1 I inadvertently deleted
> the source after I created the new iteration. I was able to rename the new
> iteration to the old, but in the process lost the branches directory. I have
> a backup from a point in time before the iteration was deleted but am unsure
> how to restore the branches directory only.
> Can anyone provide guidance?

Nothing you can do from a client will actually delete data from the
repository - you only change the view of the revisions going forward.
You probably really just want to copy the older revision (using peg
revision syntax) of what you think you deleted back to the head
revision.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com